Translate

Saturday 9 August 2014

Sam says Dum pakwan mein Dum hai boss :) - 4/5


When I was a kid, my mom told me, we all eat to live. Sorry Mom, However hard I try, I still live to eat. And this instinct of living for food has simply lead me in achieving one gastronomical milestone after another. 

Dum Pakwan I must say was a surprising gastronomical discovery offering foodies like me an Indian spread unmatched in range, originality, taste and flavor. They offer an authentic Indian experience through great cuisine from the kitchens of the Nawabs, along with impeccable service and great ambiance. The food here is just exceptional and the popularity of the place is definitely climbing the charts as we speak. 

Dum pakwan is nothing but royal fine dining - redefined. Glimmering beige and gold interiors and Plush dry floral work, and dim lighting are a perfect backdrop for the Nawaabi meal experience that follows. The ambience, feel, service and the food is simply outstanding; you can never ever have enough of it. It’s worth every dime you would spend here. The service matches the picturesque ambience too. It is absolutely spot on.

Actually word of mouth prompted me and my foodie husband to visit Dum pakwan. My cousin who is a big foodie himself had very strongly recommended the place, so I was sure I ought to try the place since it was his recommendation. My first experience with a gem like Golconda Bowl also was a strong referral by the same passionate foodie. So I was dead sure food at Dum pakwan would be to die for. And I am happy that I was right (and so was my cousin).

However being an ex-hotelier myself I still have the knack of being a strong critic when it comes to things not being right whenever I am dining out. The approach to the restaurant is not very appealing, and they can work upon this to make it slightly better. Also even though the ambience is great and so the service and the food, the sofa seating is a little tricky and slightly uncomfortable. Either the sofa’s are too low for the tables, or the tables are too high for the sofa’s. Not sure what it was but I found that a little bit of a turn off. But the candles lit on table just accentuate a romantic dinner by making it even more romantic.

Now coming to the part of the place that makes them deserve all the Kudos – The impeccable & awesome food that can match up to the quality and taste of food in any 5 star establishment. Only one regret that I wasn’t able to capture many pictures, since my phone ran out of battery

1. Tom Kha Soup – was average, did not understand the logic of making a coconut flavored soup. 

2. Murgh Barra – Dum Pakwan Special - Excellently finger licking good, absolutely splendid yogurt and herb marinated chicken which simply tasted divine. So soft, so fresh, so succulent and juicy, best burra ever. 

3. Gosht Lajawaab tikka – Dum pakwan special - melt in your mouth mutton balls of gold with a cheesy creamy centre, so gooey so yummy, I was transported to heaven. Didn’t know mutton tikka’s could taste so good. 

4. Chicken Qorma – I haven’t had a better and a more authentic Qorma, than Lazeez Durbar in Delhi (which used to be behind Rajdoot hotel in Nizamuddin and has now been shut, sadly). This qorma was world class, with a gravy so mild, so delicately spiced, and the flavor absolutely spot on. 

5. Garlic Naan – The best Garlic Naan I have ever had. Neither too thick, nor rubbery, and certainly not with an overdose of garlic.

I was dying to try the Biryani, but had no space left, and that made me sad. I just wished I could have eaten more.

A perfect meal, exceptional, world class and extraordinary experience. At the end of the meal I had a feeling of elation, actually a feeling of slight intoxication or should I say a sense of highness that you experience after you eat great food (atleast I feel that every time I have had great gut satisfying food). And like Terminator said, I will be back. I definitely will be back soon at Dum Pakwan.

You could also visit my blog https://www.facebook.com/whatsamsaysabout and check out more restaurant / hotel reviews, food pics and much more on FB


© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/
© What Sam says about________ ?
© https://www.facebook.com/whatsamsaysabout
© www.zomato.com/shambavi




















No comments:

Post a Comment